RSSCourts

Bodden Town man charged over violent break-in

Bodden Town man charged over violent break-in

| 07/10/2021

(CNS): A 43-year-old man from Bodden Town appeared in court on Wednesday charged with aggravated burglary regarding a violent incident on 3 October at a home in the Crewe Road area of George Town. The man is accused of breaking into a house on Birchwood Road armed with undisclosed types of weapons in order to […]

Continue Reading

Connor found guilty in home invasion case

Connor found guilty in home invasion case

| 29/09/2021 | 67 Comments

(CNS): Shane Connor (44) from George Town has been convicted in connection with a home robbery, aggravated burglary and a number of other related crimes that took place more than four years ago. It took a jury of four women and two men four hours on Wednesday to decide that Connor was the third man, […]

Continue Reading

Jury urged not to convict ‘wrong man’

Jury urged not to convict ‘wrong man’

| 28/09/2021

(CNS): Shane Connor is an innocent man who has been “gravely wronged” by a poor investigation and unsatisfactory evidence that has placed him in the dock facing charges for a serious home invasion, his attorney told a jury Monday as he summed up his client’s defence.

Continue Reading

Connor accuses police of fabricating evidence

Connor accuses police of fabricating evidence

| 24/09/2021

(CNS): During his second day of testimony, Shane Connor (44) doubled down on his allegations that the police not only botched the investigation into the home invasion, for which he is charged with a catalogue of crimes, but have framed him by fabricating telephone evidence. Connor is charged with a violent aggravated burglary and a […]

Continue Reading

Connor denies home invasion allegations

Connor denies home invasion allegations

| 23/09/2021

(CNS): Shane Connor (44), from George Town, told a jury yesterday that he was completely innocent of the charges against him relating to a violent home invasion in Prospect more than four years ago. Taking the stand in his own defence on Wednesday, Connor alleged a conspiracy by the police against him and said they […]

Continue Reading

Ex-minister and sons admit assault in land fight

Ex-minister and sons admit assault in land fight

| 14/09/2021

(CNS): The former community affairs minister in the 2009-2012 UDP administration and two family members have admitted common assault in relation to an altercation near his West Bay home in January last year. Mike Adam and his sons, Jordan and Erick, all pleaded guilty Monday when they appeared in Summary Court to stand trial. All […]

Continue Reading

Fourth suspect in 2017 home invasion on trial

Fourth suspect in 2017 home invasion on trial

| 13/09/2021

(CNS): Four years after a couple suffered a harrowing armed home invasion at their house in Patrick’s Island, Shane Connor (44) from George Town is the fourth man to go on trial charged with the crime. Connor has denied having anything to do with the aggravated burglary and the other associated crimes as he maintains […]

Continue Reading

Driver faces trial after extradition from UK

Driver faces trial after extradition from UK

| 09/09/2021

(CNS): Levar Wood (27), who was extradited from the UK last week, will now face trial in October accused of killing Giovani Berry, who was a passenger in his car which crashed following a police pursuit two years ago. Wood jumped police bail in January last year after he was allowed to travel for medical […]

Continue Reading

Appeal stalled as Lobo seeks new lawyer

Appeal stalled as Lobo seeks new lawyer

| 03/09/2021 | 15 Comments

(CNS): David Lobo (35), a former customs officer who was convicted in January 2019 and is now serving a 16-year sentence for drug smuggling, is seeking a new lawyer to argue his appeal. Lobo’s challenge to his conviction was due to be heard by the Cayman Islands Court of Appeal on Friday, but the case […]

Continue Reading

Carter denies Vic’s bar killing

Carter denies Vic’s bar killing

| 03/09/2021

(CNS): Ezekiel Carter (36) from George Town pleaded not guilty to one charge of murder, five charges of attempted murder and the possession of an unlicensed gun when he appeared in Grand Court Friday via video link from HMP Northward. Carter is accused of being one of two men involved in a mass shooting at […]

Continue Reading

Ex-footballer found guilty of violent rampage

Ex-footballer found guilty of violent rampage

| 30/08/2021 | 34 Comments

(CNS): Derrin Kennedy Ebanks (31), a former member of the Cayman Islands national football squad, was found guilty on Friday of a long list of charges relating to a violent, drunken rampage against three women last September. It took a jury just less than two hours to find him guilty of nine counts, which included […]

Continue Reading