BT political hopeful assaulted after alleged indecent act

| 15/07/2016 | 0 Comments

Cayman News Service(CNS): A prominent member of the Bodden Town community was assaulted Thursday (14 July), police have confirmed, but CNS has learned that the act of violence was motivated by allegations that he had committed an indecent act with a minor that had been recorded on a mobile phone. The local 54-year-old man, who is understood to be considering running for office in the district in the general election next May, is featured in the sexually explicit and disturbing video, which was broadly circulated on social media Friday and is now part of the police investigation.

The Bodden Town man reported the assault to police at the district station on Thursday afternoon, stating that he knew his attacker, police said. He was taken to hospital with minor injuries, treated and later released. The 32-year-old suspect the man claimed had assaulting him was arrested and released on police bail as enquiries continue.

It is not clear if the victim of the assault was aware that he had been filmed committing the indecent act.

Police have said little about the motive for the assault but CNS has learned that the arrested man was a relative of the minor in the video, in which the Bodden Town community leader, whose identity cannot be revealed at this stage for legal reasons, is seen clearly engaged in a sexual act in the presence of the young girl.

The RCIPS confirmed that the video clip is now under investigation and issued a warning to the public that distributing, forwarding, sharing or sending in any way, electronically or otherwise, such sexually explicit material involving a minor is a criminal offence.

Tags: ,

Category: Crime, Police

You can comment anonymously. See CNS Comment Policy at the top of this page.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Please support independent journalism in the Cayman Islands