Cayman sprinter makes it through to 100m semis
(CIOC): Kemar Hyman is safely through to the men’s 100 metres semi-finals at the London Olympics. The 22-year-old Caymanian ran 10.16 seconds in his heat, coming fourth behind the USA’s Ryan Bailey (9.88), Ben Youssef Meite of the Ivory Coast (10.06) and Canada’s Justyn Warner (10.09). Only the top three in each of the seven heats qualified automatically and Hyman qualified as one of the three fastest finishers outside of the top three. There were no surprises in the other heats. Defending Olympic champ Usain Bolt of Jamaica cruised home in 10.09 seconds to win his heat.
Other heat winners were America’s Tyson Gay (10.08) and Justin Gatlin (9.97) and Jamaica’s Asafa Powell (10.04 and Yohan Blake (10.00). Britain’s Dwain Chambers won the final heat in 10.02 seconds.
The 100m semi-finals and finals are on Sunday. The semis are from 1.45pm Cayman time and the final is at 2.50pm Cayman time.
- WTS: BB Q10...BB Z10 & Samsung Galaxy S4 BBM Chat: 23A0C377
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- Ozzie, I woted for you and if
3 hours 35 min ago
- Would Mr Hampson, let alone
3 hours 40 min ago
- Please provide names and
3 hours 41 min ago
- You hit the nail on the head!
3 hours 42 min ago
- Do you thing she will look
3 hours 43 min ago
- Take what?
3 hours 44 min ago
- True enough, but also s.14(4)
3 hours 54 min ago
4 hours 5 sec ago
- Most of the things you
4 hours 1 min ago
- Don't understand your
4 hours 4 min ago