Sandy forecast to strengthen as it approaches Jamaica
(CNS): Updated Tuesday 1pm - Tropical Storm Sandy was located some 275 miles SSW of Jamaica at noon today heading NNE at 5mph. According to the National Hurricane Centre in Miami, Sandy was packing winds of over 50 mph and further strengthening is expected before the strom reaches Jamaica sometime on Wednesday evening. The system is still unlikely to pose a threat locally as it is forecast to move directly across Jamaica and Cuba in the coming days, passing well to the east of the Cayman Islands. Forecasters at the NHC said Sandy was expected to travel north-northeastward today with an increase in forward speed and would be a hurricane by the time it reaches Jamaica where warnings are in effect.
- Condo for rent
- George Town Landfill to close early
- Grand Court Juror Report Date Changed
- Government Schools Begin Registration
- Church Street Closed to All Vehicular Traffic
- On Sales : Samsung Galaxy SIV / Apple iPhone 5 64GB
- Sales On: Apple iPhone 5 32GB, Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III / Galaxy S4 Buy 2 get 1 free
- Affordable South Side Home for Sale
- house for rent
- car for sale
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- Yes, I have very fond hopes
10 min 15 sec ago
- You pay $1,000,000.
15 min 5 sec ago
- Same here, we can't handle
26 min 18 sec ago
- PWC did find value for money.
32 min 3 sec ago
- It seems to be the opposite
35 min 20 sec ago
- Cayman, It is time that Mr.
36 min 22 sec ago
- somehow someone got my phone
36 min 54 sec ago
- same with me and the 4 people
39 min 23 sec ago
- Just like you is behind us.
40 min 27 sec ago
- I voted for NO MORE of the
43 min 52 sec ago