Bank heist suspect released
(CNS): Update Monday 7 May -- Police say the 25-year-old man they arrested on Friday in connection with Thursday’s bank heist at the downtown George Town branch of Scotia Bank has been released on police bail while enquiries continue. Officers investigating the armed robbery are appealing for anyone who has information in relation to the robbery or who witnessed the car being abandoned in Bronze Road shortly after Thursday morning’s crime to come forward. The bank was held up at around 11:45am when three men, two armed with guns, entered the bank and demanded cash.
They escaped in a waiting dark blue Honda Accord saloon, which was later found abandoned behind Church of the New Testament off North Sound Road. However, the car was caught on camera by a visiting cruise passenger as one of the robbers was getting into the car. The armed masked men reportedly fled with an undisclosed sum of cash but no shots were fired and no one was injured during the bank heist.
Police continue the hunt for the individuals involved in the crime.
Information can be passed to George Town CID on 949-4222, the RCIPS tip-line 949-7777 or Crime Stoppers on 800-8477(TIPS).
- WTS: BB Q10...BB Z10 & Samsung Galaxy S4 BBM Chat: 23A0C377
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- Ozzie, I woted for you and if
9 hours 34 min ago
- Would Mr Hampson, let alone
9 hours 40 min ago
- Please provide names and
9 hours 40 min ago
- You hit the nail on the head!
9 hours 41 min ago
- Do you thing she will look
9 hours 42 min ago
- Take what?
9 hours 43 min ago
- True enough, but also s.14(4)
9 hours 53 min ago
9 hours 59 min ago
- Most of the things you
10 hours 39 sec ago
- Don't understand your
10 hours 3 min ago